Komodo National Park has widely known with the home of the giant lizard Komodo Dragon – which has just declare to be one of the latest heritage of the world. This is the home of the giants lizard known as the Komodo Dragon it was thought to be a myth until the turn of the century, when fishermen who were forced by a storm to take shelter on Komodo sight the monsters.
Komodo National Park lies in the Wallacea Region of Indonesia. The Park is located between the islands of Sumbawa and Flores at the border of the Nusa Tenggara Timur (NTT) and Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) provinces.
There are several ways how to get to Komodo National Park :
Flight from Denpasar – Bali
The fastest way to get Komodo Island is by airline. The flights leave from Ngurah Rai Airport, Denpasar, Bali to Labuhan Bajo, West Flores. It takes about 1.5 hours fly. Garuda Airways, Lion Air, Transnusa Air Services, Sky Air leave every day while airlines only fly on certain days a week. The flights also fly to Ende or Bima.
Komodo Phinisi Sailing Vessel
For those who prefer a little more comfort, we could offer you with the Exclusive Phinisi Sailing Vessel which operate on a 5 and 7days cruises that include a stop at Komodo Island and other island surround the Lesser Sunda. Diving package are also offer to depart from Denpasar – Bali either by boat or by flight.
By Over Land
The buses leave from Denpasar Bali to Labuan Bajo and Bima
By Sea – Ferry
- It takes approximately 36 hours
- The gateway cities of Labuhan Bajo are Bima are connected to Bali by inter island ferry
- This transportation is arranged by Indonesia Sea Transportation Company (PELNI)
- Benoa – Bima – Labuhan Bajo every two weeks on Saturdays: 09.00-20.00 (next day).
- Labuhan Bajo – Bima – Benoa, every two weeks on Thursdays: 08.00-11.00 (next day).
Note: The ferry schedules and/or prices may change with or without prior notice
By Sea – Live-aboard
- Komodo National Park is serviced by a wide range of live-aboard boats, with return packages to Komodo National Park from a variety of departure points, including Bali, Lombok, Bima and Labuan Bajo
- From Gateway Cities to Komodo National Park (KNP)
- You can easily organize a shared boat charter by local boat from either ports at Labuan Bajo or Bima (Sape) to the two major points of access in the Park: Loh Liang (on Komodo Island) or Loh Buaya (on Rinca Island)
Note: The charter prices may change with or without prior notice